Friday, February 3, 2012

Valentine's Day 3 : Lessons In Love


Valentine's Countdown
It’s Valentine’s Day and our hearts just turn to thoughts of love. If Christianity could be condensed down into one word, that word would be love. In the Greek language, however, it is not just one word; there are at least three words, agape, phileo, and eros.

Agape love is by far the most intense and deepest form of love. It is the love Jesus expects spouses to have for each other; it is also the kind of love He demands that we have for each other. In 1 Corinthians 13 the Apostle Paul gives us some lessons in love.

3. Love is a durable commodity
A. Even spiritual gifts will end, but love never will pass away.
B. The world today places little value on the durability of love.
C. Illustration: Make a new public commitment to wife
I. My love is not based on her beauty
II. My love is not based on my standard of perfection
III. My love is not based on what she can do for me sexually
IV. I love her and I stay with her because I have entered into a
life-long covenant with her that will be superseded by an
even greater relationship in eternity.

Part 4 will be posted tommorow Feb. 4, 2012

SOURCE : VIRTUALPREACHER
Share on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright iTrendous 2011 - Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger.com.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates and Theme4all